Sunday, June 23, 2019

Sunday's Brunch: Take a moment and think

Why do women make up less than 25% of Congress, less than 5% of fortune 500 CEOs, and makeup 63% of minimum wage workers in America? Why?
I am sure you have been preparing your life’s greatest work to solve this atrocious disparity in America… Or not. For the most part, I would assume that people do not want to hold back women and watch them go on and on unheard and misrepresented in some of our most influential fields. For those of us with a listening ear, we’ve heard be the change that you want to see, and small changes have large effects and so on. So why are these statistics still here? We’re merely not acting on our beliefs. Here, I challenge you to negotiate and swap some gender roles (i.e., grocery shopping, mowing the lawn, cooking, paying for dinner, etc.) with someone of the opposite sex within your home or family. Challenge a friend to do the same. What do you have to lose? I mean it’s not like these women are our mother, daughter, grandparent, sister, aunt, cousin, friend.

(Fellas you are not the hero of their story)

No comments:

Post a Comment